Need help

I am a 42 year old dTGA patient who had the Mustard Procedure in 1970.  A Cardiac Cath showed last week that I have pulmonary hypertension.  My cardiologist said that the best correction for this would be a heart transplant.  I am looking for a surgeon in the Northeast United States with experience in pulmonary hypertension in Mustard patients who I could get a second option from.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

admin Fri, 05/21/2010 - 09:17

Dear jbleachus, thank you for your message. We understand your dilemma as many patients face similar situation. While we cannot provide medical advice or refer you to a specific physician/surgeon, we would suggest contacting your family physician first as they might have a better idea of local expertise and resources. You can also use the list of CHSS member surgeons to find one from your area: and contact their hospital to see if they can provide some guidance.